How do I enter?
Click here to enter online
I have entered, what do I do next?
Once you have Entered then pick your date and time before the series starts to pick up your race pack. Dates will be arranged at a number of located leading up to the first event for everyone to pick these up.
You can also collect your Race Number and Timing Responder on the morning of their specific race up until 15 minutes before the start of the race.
Do I need to Check In before each race?
No, Full Series Entrants keep the same Race Number and Timing Responder for the Entire Series so just need to turn up in time for the Race Safety Briefing.
Do I keep the same Timing Responder for all the races?
If you are a Full Series Entrant YES, you keep the same Timing Responder for the entire Series.
If you are a Single Race Entrant NO, you will be issued with a disposable Timing Responder that can then be disposed of.
Can I change my T-Shirt size?
Sorry but NO we are unable to change any T-Shirt sizes, as these are a special order which needs to be placed months in advance.
When will results be online?
Provisional Results (subject to change after checking) will be published ASAP after the race, usually mid afternoon Sunday. Updated Results will be published a week later.
My time is not in the results?
If your Time is not in the Provisional Results please email firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 working days of the race, stating your Name, Race Number, Distance, Approximate Finish Time on the Race Clock at the Finish and any other details you can remember like people you finished near etc.
Can I do a mixture of some 5km and some 10km distances?
YES, alot of participants start out by doing some 5km races and near the end of the Series build up to the 10km distance. The distance at each race is entirely up to you and you are more than welcome to change distances even after you enter (see below for details).
Can I change my distance?
YES, Distances can also be changed on Race Day up until 20 minutes before that Race Start, just let the team at the Registration Tent know, please note, this change will affect your Series Points and there is no guarantee your time will appear in the Provisional Results.
I can’t make one of the races, can some else run for me?
Single Race entries are Non Transferrable for Series Entrants. As we have a points system it is unfair on other participants competing for the Series Age Group awards and we also need to know exactly who is on course in case of medical emergency.
Can I get a refund on some or all of the races I don’t do?
Sorry Entry Fees are Non Refundable as we offer such great prices and incentives.
How does the Series Points and Trophies for the series work?
- Age Group – this is your age from the date of the first event at Western Springs on the 12th May
- Major Trophies – Overall winners for both Male and Female in: 5km Run, 5km Walk and long courses Run and Walk (10km and Half Marathon)
- Team Trophy – Teams are those with 2+ members. Overall winning team based upon a team’s average score per event. So, if your team has 4 members. Person 1 got 200 points 2 got 150 points, 3 got 120 and number 4 got 100 points. Total score is 570 point, divide that by 4 and team gets 142.5 points.
- Age Group Trophies – Kids (4-5, 6-7, 8-9, 10-11 & 12-13) 5km (under 19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 & 60+) Long Course (under 19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 & 60+) with all having a male and female winner
- Age Group Trophies Points – points are given per event based on number that entered the event i.e. 200 people in 5km 1st place gets 200 points last place gets 1. For the long course. For the first 5 events these are 10km, at the final event in Millwater you are able to compete in either 10km or 21km and points are awarded again as per number of participants for each event. So be aware if 200 people in 10km and 250 in half marathon there is a extra 50 points on offer.
- The RunNZ team will not disclose numbers per event beforehand to anyone Then each event is added up and MUST complete 4 events to be eligible for the trophies
- What if I did 5km and 10km events and half marathon during the series – while this will not affect your Series medal, this will affect your points if you are thinking of trying to win one of the trophies. For the points on display you will be scored for the event you competed in more of or if you did 3x 5km and 3x 10km you will be placed in the longer distance event and not scored from the shorter events, unless requested otherwise.